We want to change our take, make and dispose culture. Adopting the framework of a circular economy, we want to reinforce nature’s cycle, where nothing is wasted.
The planet has limited resources available for human use. The circular economy is a sophisticated model for resource management that enables materials to circulate the system, rather than being sent to landfill after a single use. As the global population grows and the impacts of climate change place additional pressure on natural resources, everyone will need to use materials more efficiently.
Planet Ark has a range of programs to create and encourage opportunities for re-use and recycling: helping Australians to extract the maximum benefit from the resources they use in their daily lives
Key Sustainable Resource Use Activities
- RecyclingNearYou.com.au - connecting Australian households to information about recycling services
- BusinessRecycling.com.au - helping businesses minimise waste and access recycling services
- National Recycling Week - an annual campaign to help everyone become a successful recycler
- ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' - a free, national program helping people recycle millions of printer cartridges each year
- Make it Recycled Partnership with Australian Paper, promoting use of recycled office paper
- BINGO Skip Bins Partnership - encouraging recycling of large-volume industrial waste
- Packaging Recyclability Evaluation Portal (PREP) - helping businesses design better packaging